- Step by step process for launching your own financial counseling ministry
- Hands-on application of the tools with real-world scenarios
- Access to the I Was Broke. Now I’m Not. Team throughout the launch of your ministry
- Access to the tools and documents that can be revised to suit your organization’s needs
- All materials, lunch, and the opportunity to network with others who are also launching their ministry!
Our team loves to train financial counselors because we know that if we train financial counselors, the people who attend the Financial Learning Experience will have accountability and access to people who have a passion to help them win with their money.
It would be our honor to partner with you!
It is important that a financial counselor possess the highest character possible. They will be dealing with a variety of sensitive situations in which confidential information will be discussed. It is important that financial counselors possess (at a minimum) the following characteristics.
- Winning with their own money
- Passionate about teaching others
- Good computer skills (a lot of the tools are web-based)
- Clear background check
- Not selling anything other than HOPE
- Appointed by church leadership to participate
- Willing to counsel at least two times per month
Financial counselors enable your organization to maintain an effective personal finance ministry as well as an effective benevolence policy that teaches individuals HOW to fish as well as GIVE them a fish.