The Financial Learning Experience is a two-hour event taught throughout the nation and world! The FLE was developed from Joseph Sangl’s book, I Was Broke. Now I’m Not., and it has equipped people to accomplish far more than they ever thought possible with their personal finances.
This high-energy, inspirational, and highly practical class is taught by a member of the IWBNIN team who is LIVING THIS! Some common statements overheard after the FLE are:
- “I can’t believe that I just sat through an event where I was taught about money – and I had a BLAST!”
- “For the first time in my life, I really feel like I understand how I can win with my money!”
- “I can’t believe how easy the tools are to use – and I can’t believe they are FREE!”
This event has been taught in a variety of settings, but results are maximized when it is delivered as part of a full partnership with IWBNIN. Here are times that have worked extremely well.
- Weeknights 6:30PM – 8:30PM
- Saturday morning 9:00AM – 11:00AM or 10:00AM – 12:00PM
- Saturday evening 4:00PM – 6:00PM or 6:30PM – 8:30PM
- Sunday (immediately following morning services – lunch provided)
- Sunday 2:00PM – 4:00PM, 3:00PM – 5:00PM, or 4:00PM – 6:00PM)
- Immediately after the shift ends
- Immediately before the shift begins
- Saturday morning 9:00AM – 11:00AM
Participants of the Financial Learning Experience will learn:
- Plan for life
- Budgeting (Interactive with entire audience!)
- Strategies to become Debt-FREE
- Debt Freedom Date Calculation
- Actual Cost of Debt Calculation
- Retirement Nest-Egg Required Calculation
- Power of Compound Interest
- Money Saving Ideas/Tips
- Projectors/Screens that allow everyone at the event to effectively view THIS FILE.
- Due to an interactive portion of this event, the presenter must have his laptop on stage with him. The laptop must be connected to the projectors via 15-pin SVGA cable.
- Cordless microphone (Countryman earset/earclip or similar).
- Power cord located at front of room for laptop.
- 8’ long table for product sales
- 8’ long table for event registration and FLE booklet distribution
- Small stand/table suitable for a laptop – placed at the front of the room
- Stool – placed at the front of the room
- Chairs in a classroom setting are a suitable arrangement for this event
Tips For Maximizing Event Attendance
- Three to four week message series on money.
- Begin promotion of the Financial Learning Experience at the beginning of the series.
- Schedule the Financial Learning Experience to occur during the final week of the series.
- Invite the community – EVERYONE has money questions!
- Have people register to attend – event if there is no cost. (The IWBNIN Team can assist with registration)
- Remove barriers to attendance (Consider offering the event for FREE, FREE childcare is a must, Offer FREE food)
- Offer at a convenient time. Some proven times that work well are immediately following the last Sunday service, Saturday morning (9:00AM or 10:00AM), or weeknights (6:30PM)
“In my opinion Joe is the best that there is when it comes to teaching people HOW to get out of debt and begin to honor God with the money He has blessed them with. His teaching is both biblical and practical and can help ANYONE…regardless of their financial condition.”
– Perry Noble, Pastor of NewSpring Church
“Joseph Sangl spoke … and did a phenomenal job – I know he rocked my world – and the Financial Learning Experience was absolutely incredible!”
– Tadd Grandstaff, Pastor of Hope Church
“Joe Sangl did a fantastic job communicating to our people about winning with finances. Joe eats, sleeps, and breathes this stuff. He started the day at 7:30AM, did two services, counseled three couples this afternoon, and then closed out the day with a two hour seminar … Joe is a highly caffeinated guy. Every church needs to have Joe come and speak to your people. I’m glad we did.”
– Jeff Kapusta, Pastor of Lifepoint Church
“Joe is … BY FAR, is the most engaging and knowledgeable speaker on finances I’ve ever heard.”
– Jeff Maness, Pastor of Element Church